Yes, We Run
It is with pain in my lower back, swollen left knee and random thigh discomfort that I happily announce having completed my first semi-marathon. Ever. 21km (13 miles) of joy. Well, maybe 19 of joy and 2 of impatience and monolithic legs.Only some months ago I would write to my good friend Dimi seeking running inspiration. Couldn't go beyond 5k. After that my heart would hurt, my breathing get messy and my toes painful. BH and Dimi convinced me that I could do it and since that's the way I function, challenge after challenge, persevering towards personal improvement I have managed to check off my 2011 resolutions' list a big one, and we are still in January. If I keep this progress I will need another list by August!
(*) note that this if the first time in a long, very long time, that you can see splendorous BH. Thanks to him for running 2.29' by my side. The race of life is ahead of us.
Comments