Moubarak, NON!


There are few times when you leave the office feeling that you are part of history. Today I felt that way. Just in front of our building, Egyptian demonstrators peacefully chanted for change in their country. Their warm voices, the extreme cold, the Eiffel tower presiding the scene...a romantic view of freedom that almost made me drop a tear. A liberating one.

I took pictures with my improvised journalistic weapon, my cell, felt like a war reporter for a minute, found my lips mimicking theirs, chanting in Arabic with perfect gutturality. I wondered what kind of journalist would I be, probably not a neutral one, my emotional delivery from Avenue d'Iena would not make it to BBC.

As I write these lines confrontation is taking place at Liberation Square in Cairo. But when dictatorship is a fact, revolution becomes a right. - Victor Hugo (via my friend Alex).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yaka Yele - Just come to the Farm

Detox or how to make your life miserable

Grigri