Before midnight comes...
...and the 5th of February arrives I wanted to list the good news that fill my life today. Happiness overload. I am not sure if I'll have time in 15 min.
First, BH became a civil servant for yet another bureaucracy. One that he has already tasted, the European Union. I don't know anybody more European than BH, a man with refined transatlantic culture though. Sometimes he would say things like "we are Europe", "Europe is us". No brainwashing needed. I think this job might be good for him. Europe is fine but I still prefer Washington DC 100 times better than Brussels. I can't help it. There is something about the US that not even Belgium waffle can beat. Well, maybe French croissant can. So my future household breadwinner has found a job for life, something that in current economic times seems like a sensible choice. This is good because we won't have to worry for our kids' education ever again but it is bad if the boredom of bureaucracies eats him all and suddenly he becomes a cynic. More on this soon, I have few minutes till midnight.

Following with the good news, the second one is that we bought a house in Morocco. This is an amazing little house, the palace of love. We are going to spend wonderful times in Marrakesh, a city that we are now bounded with for much longer than BHs work term in Morocco. More on the house of love soon. No time now.
Another piece of good news is that today a wonderful girl called "Meritxell Martinez" wrote to me a message in facebook. It was so nice that I am going to copy/paste it all.
Hola Meritxell, solament vull saludar-te, perquè m'ha fet gràcia que ens diguem igual. M'agrada veure que ets ben guapa i sobre tot, inteligent... m'has guanyat en tot...jejejee. Jo vaig néixer a Lleida, però als 17 anys la família va vindre a viure a Benidorm. No estic casada i tinc un fill, Jordi, de 12 anyets. Si alguna vegada vens per València o per Alacant, no dubtis en avisar-me, i no et faltarà casa si et vols quedar a Benidorm. Una abraçada ben forta i molta sort en tot
Meri
This lady really boosted my ego today...but the best part of it is having another example of Spanish spontaneity, generosity, wonderful, open, emotional people. Can you imagine a Pierre Petit inviting another Pierre Petit to his house in Bretagne for the sake of sharing the same name?! Or a Jurgen Zimmerman inviting another Jurgen Zimmerman to his villa in Kiel? I can't. But Meritxell Martinez from Benidorm rocks.
And finally, to complete the happiness overload of this 4th of February...my office orchid blossomed. What else can I asked for?
First, BH became a civil servant for yet another bureaucracy. One that he has already tasted, the European Union. I don't know anybody more European than BH, a man with refined transatlantic culture though. Sometimes he would say things like "we are Europe", "Europe is us". No brainwashing needed. I think this job might be good for him. Europe is fine but I still prefer Washington DC 100 times better than Brussels. I can't help it. There is something about the US that not even Belgium waffle can beat. Well, maybe French croissant can. So my future household breadwinner has found a job for life, something that in current economic times seems like a sensible choice. This is good because we won't have to worry for our kids' education ever again but it is bad if the boredom of bureaucracies eats him all and suddenly he becomes a cynic. More on this soon, I have few minutes till midnight.

Following with the good news, the second one is that we bought a house in Morocco. This is an amazing little house, the palace of love. We are going to spend wonderful times in Marrakesh, a city that we are now bounded with for much longer than BHs work term in Morocco. More on the house of love soon. No time now.
Another piece of good news is that today a wonderful girl called "Meritxell Martinez" wrote to me a message in facebook. It was so nice that I am going to copy/paste it all.
Hola Meritxell, solament vull saludar-te, perquè m'ha fet gràcia que ens diguem igual. M'agrada veure que ets ben guapa i sobre tot, inteligent... m'has guanyat en tot...jejejee. Jo vaig néixer a Lleida, però als 17 anys la família va vindre a viure a Benidorm. No estic casada i tinc un fill, Jordi, de 12 anyets. Si alguna vegada vens per València o per Alacant, no dubtis en avisar-me, i no et faltarà casa si et vols quedar a Benidorm. Una abraçada ben forta i molta sort en tot
Meri
This lady really boosted my ego today...but the best part of it is having another example of Spanish spontaneity, generosity, wonderful, open, emotional people. Can you imagine a Pierre Petit inviting another Pierre Petit to his house in Bretagne for the sake of sharing the same name?! Or a Jurgen Zimmerman inviting another Jurgen Zimmerman to his villa in Kiel? I can't. But Meritxell Martinez from Benidorm rocks.
And finally, to complete the happiness overload of this 4th of February...my office orchid blossomed. What else can I asked for?
Comments
miss you! i'm happy at the thought of next week's lunch! :)