My fat makes me mad...a little tale on running

French people do not go jogging or running often. Or at least some around my hood find it terribly comical to see somebody (me) doing so.

Today after work, and terrorized by how fat accumulates in all the wrong places of my small and roundy body, I put on my Mizunos, armed myself with my iPod and went for a run around Bastille-Marais...not once but twice was I applauded by le peuple screaming 'Bravo' and effusively supported by a 50-year old pal who ran for 2 minutes by my side in his office suit. For a second I double checked my hand to make sure that my old iPod hadn't mutated into the Olympic torch.

Frankly, with workouts like this, forget about spending money on concerts, opera or theatre. This French spontaneity is priceless.

Comments

Unknown said…
Ha ha ah !! I have had that happen to me several times.

The best was when one guy enquired if I was doing it as a part of my offering to one of the Indian Gods
Mo-ha-med said…
Seriously?? You'd think they've never seen anyone run..
Perhaps they don't run 'around the block' but do go to the woods nearby or something.. still.. weird!!

Popular posts from this blog

Yaka Yele - Just come to the Farm

Detox or how to make your life miserable

Grigri