Macho men under the sun
Some weeks ago I was in Spain, in Madrid, concretely. I was there for a seminar slash conference, the new way of developing Africa, organize a conference, preferably in a country with more than 300 days of sun, running water and European bathrooms. Spain has great potential as conference destination (another idea that runs in my head is to promote Spain as the Florida of Europe, with luxury kind of assisted housing for old Japanese and Russians...down with the crisis!! this idea is great - I share IP with my friend Miguel btw, in case he is reading this).

So I went to Spain for work. I learned more and more things about the industry I work for during the seminar, this sector is more commercial and complicated than I ever thought of.
Spanish men...however, they are quite simple, it sufficed a nice tight dress and some make up to get a guy in the street calling me "Vaya Bombonsito" ("what a nice little sweet you are"). This kind of compliments can be sweetly told or disgustingly thrown at you. This was the former and my ego reached the levels of a walk through the souk in Rabat. The ultimate ego booster.
I like compliments, sweet words. As a good friend of mine once told me: men should do a Masters of Flirting in Sicily or in Spain.
I am thinking of that Spanish male MP that back in the 70s once called a Spanish female MP in the middle of the Parliament: "beautiful! "guapa"! Compliment that another female MP sitting next to him answered with a bitter "machista". The male MP turned his head to say "and you, you are jealous".
It seems I found another way to get Spain out the economic recession, apart from the luxury retirement assisted-housing: organize Master programs. Ideas for the content of the Masters of Macho Men under the sun...?!

So I went to Spain for work. I learned more and more things about the industry I work for during the seminar, this sector is more commercial and complicated than I ever thought of.
Spanish men...however, they are quite simple, it sufficed a nice tight dress and some make up to get a guy in the street calling me "Vaya Bombonsito" ("what a nice little sweet you are"). This kind of compliments can be sweetly told or disgustingly thrown at you. This was the former and my ego reached the levels of a walk through the souk in Rabat. The ultimate ego booster.
I like compliments, sweet words. As a good friend of mine once told me: men should do a Masters of Flirting in Sicily or in Spain.
I am thinking of that Spanish male MP that back in the 70s once called a Spanish female MP in the middle of the Parliament: "beautiful! "guapa"! Compliment that another female MP sitting next to him answered with a bitter "machista". The male MP turned his head to say "and you, you are jealous".
It seems I found another way to get Spain out the economic recession, apart from the luxury retirement assisted-housing: organize Master programs. Ideas for the content of the Masters of Macho Men under the sun...?!
Comments