Mericouldgoaround
Life-a-deux has some new aspects I am really appreciating. Snoring, even if subtle, or the fact that laundry is double are not part of them.Boyfriend husband is turning 32 tomorrow. He has decided to challenge aging by buying himself a way, way too expensive longboard skateboard. BH has so many hobbies that we do not have space for his gadgets anymore. Let him enjoy, Moroccan roads won't be like Parisian alleys.
Thank God (yes, God, why not, it is Easter and I am spiritually a Catholic even if rationally I am probably on the agnostic side) my only hobbies are studying challenging languages, visiting places who make my mum unhappy, reading FT from beginning till end during weekends and telling myself I am going to become a yoga teacher when I know perfectly well my lower-back is not ready for wild twisting.

So, life a deux is making me think I need a more manual, physical hobby than reading or writing this blook (blog+biobook). Since getting home internet connection in France takes almost as long as in West Africa, BH and I took our laptops and went internet begging in the hood.
Sitting in Cafe Rouge I am thinking: pottery? singing? dancing? tennis playing? collecting sugar bags? cooking? painting? learning about arts?
What if I just like traveling and laughing with good friends? And during the last 45 minutes I have produced a long, long mental list of activities to conclude that the only hobby I really enjoy is savoring friendship with friends and thinking about other places where mericouldgoaround. (Although maybe not skating)
Thank God (yes, God, why not, it is Easter and I am spiritually a Catholic even if rationally I am probably on the agnostic side) my only hobbies are studying challenging languages, visiting places who make my mum unhappy, reading FT from beginning till end during weekends and telling myself I am going to become a yoga teacher when I know perfectly well my lower-back is not ready for wild twisting.
So, life a deux is making me think I need a more manual, physical hobby than reading or writing this blook (blog+biobook). Since getting home internet connection in France takes almost as long as in West Africa, BH and I took our laptops and went internet begging in the hood.
Sitting in Cafe Rouge I am thinking: pottery? singing? dancing? tennis playing? collecting sugar bags? cooking? painting? learning about arts?
What if I just like traveling and laughing with good friends? And during the last 45 minutes I have produced a long, long mental list of activities to conclude that the only hobby I really enjoy is savoring friendship with friends and thinking about other places where mericouldgoaround. (Although maybe not skating)
Comments
You are the funniest girl I met in my entire life and I am saying that in a very good way. Friendship with friends might include something called "keeping in touch". Great post and I never knew you wanted to become a yoga teacher.
love,
Shumit