Are you online Charming Prince?

My bestfriend (BF) has subscribed to http://www.match.com/. I promised my BF (using Mrs. Moneypenny techniques here*) I will treat this confidentially. Meaning 1- I won't disclose his/her name, gender and 2-I will respect number 1 if BF keeps sharing match.com insights with me.I am seriously tempted to subscribe to match.com. My boyfriend husband thinks I do not need it. I obviously don't, I found the perfect match 2795 days ago, but I twitter, blog, facebook, asmallworld, decayenne, am I really up to date in the business if I do not try online or speed dating? I feel virtually incomplete.

Online matching services seem quite a resource to couple finding. I hear that in India, Shaadi http://www.shaadi.com/ does wonders. I used to be quite conservative with this virtual or matrimonial agencies, that could not be 'love'...I think it all changed at the age of 10. My mum and dad were friends with a couple who used to come home quite often. I remember that the lady spoke a lot and that she always grabbed my head with two hands and kissed me on both cheeks very enthusiatically. Saliva-kind enthusiasm. They were kind and smiled a lot. To me, they smiled much more than my parents. But I reckon my parents looked quite smiley when we went for coffee to somebody else's place.

This couple once even kissed in front of me. One day my mum told me half joking that those friends had met through a matching agency. I could not believe her. Had google existed I would have immediately searched the exact meaning of "matching agencies"...but google was not available and the dictionary did not have compound words, just "matching" and "agencies". In my mind those agencies were grey, obscure places where a guy with a beard and a black rosary hanging from his neck would ask questions to ugly people looking for a wife or a husband. That friendly couple coming home on Sunday afternoons changed my mind.

I am chatting with BF, who just received some dozens of proposals. BF is excited. Apparently online dating is quite time intensive. BF, if you are reading me, remember I am awaiting your feedback.

*http://www.ft.com/arts/columnists/mrsmoneypenny

Comments

Unknown said…
virtually incomplete I believe !!! You are FUNNY !!! You guys need to come back to India soon Meri

Popular posts from this blog

Yaka Yele - Just come to the Farm

Detox or how to make your life miserable

Grigri