Facebook spring pink version!
"Because I do not have time and because Facebook makes me feel uncomfortable and gives me bad vibes I have decided to close my Facebook account. You can find me in my email xyz@gmail.com".
I recently received this email from a friend. Another friend recently wrote in his status : "X....might close his Facebook account".
Is Facebook making me feel uncomfortable? Does it give me bad vibes? The answer is no and no. Or not yet. However, I can understand that Facebook might bring trouble to the lives of some individuals. Another good friend of mine tells me that she can't but feel terrible jealousy at the sweet comments crowding her boyfriends' Facebook wall. This same couple had a bad argument when she found her boy spending more than...let's say...2 seconds staring at the pictures of a Facebook girl friend of his. My friend's behavior is probably unrelated to Facebook...but this 'social utility', let's jargoon baby, makes the number of occassions that you can start an argument or a jealousy crisis disproportionally high. Way high.
And indeed, Facebook is not what it used to be. I find it boring, many times superficial and I have less and less time to send birthday wishes to my loved ones. I read today that "cybernetic hedonism might be on the rise". I agree, this might partly explain why I blog. I think, though, all these social utilities have a short lifespan and Facebook already looks old to me. I even dislike Facebook blue tonality, there is serious need to revamp it with some orange and pink. Together. What about Facebook spring version?
Facebook, my Facebook, became more political the last months. I enjoyed supporting Obama with my status and reading my friends' reactions from all over the world, with Inauguration celebration pictures from Liberia to India and back to DC. More of my friends started using Facebook to think aloud, on microfinance, on Obama's nominations, on anti-poverty initiatives. I reached my friend 800 and just realized that only 3 of them are in Paris. My criteria for Facebook friend approval/demand is not very demanding, but quite clear: I have talked to them at least once and we both remember each others' names and faces. Some people can't say the same about their one night stands.
I recently received this email from a friend. Another friend recently wrote in his status : "X....might close his Facebook account".
Is Facebook making me feel uncomfortable? Does it give me bad vibes? The answer is no and no. Or not yet. However, I can understand that Facebook might bring trouble to the lives of some individuals. Another good friend of mine tells me that she can't but feel terrible jealousy at the sweet comments crowding her boyfriends' Facebook wall. This same couple had a bad argument when she found her boy spending more than...let's say...2 seconds staring at the pictures of a Facebook girl friend of his. My friend's behavior is probably unrelated to Facebook...but this 'social utility', let's jargoon baby, makes the number of occassions that you can start an argument or a jealousy crisis disproportionally high. Way high.
And indeed, Facebook is not what it used to be. I find it boring, many times superficial and I have less and less time to send birthday wishes to my loved ones. I read today that "cybernetic hedonism might be on the rise". I agree, this might partly explain why I blog. I think, though, all these social utilities have a short lifespan and Facebook already looks old to me. I even dislike Facebook blue tonality, there is serious need to revamp it with some orange and pink. Together. What about Facebook spring version?
Facebook, my Facebook, became more political the last months. I enjoyed supporting Obama with my status and reading my friends' reactions from all over the world, with Inauguration celebration pictures from Liberia to India and back to DC. More of my friends started using Facebook to think aloud, on microfinance, on Obama's nominations, on anti-poverty initiatives. I reached my friend 800 and just realized that only 3 of them are in Paris. My criteria for Facebook friend approval/demand is not very demanding, but quite clear: I have talked to them at least once and we both remember each others' names and faces. Some people can't say the same about their one night stands.
Comments