Anti crisis Proverbia

In the midst of crisis menus at restaurants, anti-crisis sales in the shops, my crisis-monitoring surveys at work, a crisis-shot served at the club around the corner...I found this anti-crisis proverbia:

In a land with no credit, the man with cash is king.

Read: Those who have accumulated cash, good for you...those who haven't...save.

I think some of us would like to start feeling crisis-blind. Down with crisisphilia. Remove the word 'crisis' out of our work, our reading and our news program. I like to think of myself as an optimist...but this crisis is as bad as it looks. If I go back in time, my political, economic gray matter stores the Asian crisis, the Mexican one, the fallout of Argentina...but I do not remember those days having major impact in the US or Europe, I do not remember those as vox populi crisis, they were matters for academic discussion. This crisis is a shared one. At least psychologically.

We all have a friend currently looking for a job and not finding one, or another one who was recently fired. We all started understanding that Dow Jones sounds like a jeans brand but it is not and that bank nationalizations means banks being bought by governments. We all wait for the sales to buy a good pair of boots or invest in a jacket that lasts more than a ZARA one. We value more saving money and started rethinking how much we want to pay in rent, groceries and miscellaneous expenses. We suddenly found ourselves in a website with financial planning tips.

We are in crisis mode. I am. Sometimes ON (let's save and appreciate job security) sometimes OFF (the crisis is not affecting me, I can buy those shoes and go visit my boyfriend husband every weekend). As a friend of mine told me the other day..."I do not know why, today, I woke up really worried about the crisis".

Psychology PhDs of the world?! wake up! Anybody interested in tracking the psychological consequences of the ongoing crisisphilia?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yaka Yele - Just come to the Farm

Detox or how to make your life miserable

Grigri