Loving Food Again
Being vegetarian for the last 6 months I've received all kinds of comments and complaints:"Oh, is it because you love animals?", "Religious reasons", "dietary restrictions?", "stop being strange and difficult and ate the beef steak I bought for you" (the latter, my mum)There is no other reason behind my vegetarianism other than the fact that I simply do not appreciate food that much, I hate blood and I put on weight even under full days of pineapple and papaya diet as my Beninese hips visibly confirm.
Before a friend who is now living in Singapore tells me that I sound like Paris Hilton again, let me clarify the purpose of this posting: I want to love food and I think I found the way to achieve that.

Some people close their eyes out of pleasure when they put something delicious in their mouths. I know some of those. Anna, Michael, Hugo. Probably you do that too. Well, I don't. I eat because I have to eat but I am not able of appreciating good food.
Today a friend, a food aficionado himself who has savored the culinary delights of Arzak http://www.arzak.info/index.html told me about these guys: www.madridlab.net and I started reading the postings describing recipes, the photos of exotic fruits and fission-cooked courses...
Reading about Progressive Cuisine, as academico-bohemian-i-want-to-be-cool as it might sound could be the cure to my lost of appetite. The courses are as imaginative as a liquid doughnut or foie gras with pineapple?! I won't be able to eat at those very expensive places serving progressive cuisine but the ideas make me hungry.
Comments
could not find an email address for you on your blog.
could you please drop me a mail? Would like to include your blog on aidworkers.net's blog list and RSS feed.
thanks,
peter(at)theroadtothehorizon(dot)org