Mobile Banking: don't rush it
I sense some simply opportunistic moves among management of some local Microfinance Institutions (MFIs) to move into Mbanking.And I can't help but wonder!??!!?....If Mbanking hasn't pick up among middle-high income clients in developed economies why would it work in rural Africa?
Trying to get illiterate clients into mobile banking might be as ineffective as giving desktops to a school with no electric supply. Just a thought.

Risking to sound conservative and retrograde, I dislike the wave of passion toward Mbanking and wonder if more than picking up on the latest development fashion or applaud obediently when the donor (Millenium Challenge Account in this case) puts the money, local MFIs could be client-centered and strategic in integrating technology into microfinance.
Trying to get illiterate clients into mobile banking might be as ineffective as giving desktops to a school with no electric supply. Just a thought.
Risking to sound conservative and retrograde, I dislike the wave of passion toward Mbanking and wonder if more than picking up on the latest development fashion or applaud obediently when the donor (Millenium Challenge Account in this case) puts the money, local MFIs could be client-centered and strategic in integrating technology into microfinance.
Comments