Passionate about...
work. Yes, yes. W.O.R.K!!
"I love to talk about work too and hear about it. I think in someways we could be nerds still. We should be passionate about what we do for bread and butter if not its not fun eating and going out with the money we earn no? Don't you think so? I hate it when people constantly bitch about what they are doing. Its okay to bitch about bosses etc but the actual work itself is not good. When we start doing that we need to quit I think. I have started to rant now..."
A friend wrote this to me and I thought: what if they pay you 10000 USD per month and you hate your job? Do you also quit? Do we choose jobs according to what others do or according to what we are really passionate about? Once you start playing golf, going to the opera and vacationing in Bermuda can you quit that job even if you hate your colleagues and the bullshit that you sell to the world? Are badly-paid jobs more interesting than better-paid ones? Is responsibility and paycheck positively correlated with boredom and frustration?
The only thing clear to me is that complaining about your boss or colleagues could be acceptable until a certain degree, complaining about the content of your work should ring the alarm and make you bravely move on. Easier said than done.
"I love to talk about work too and hear about it. I think in someways we could be nerds still. We should be passionate about what we do for bread and butter if not its not fun eating and going out with the money we earn no? Don't you think so? I hate it when people constantly bitch about what they are doing. Its okay to bitch about bosses etc but the actual work itself is not good. When we start doing that we need to quit I think. I have started to rant now..."
A friend wrote this to me and I thought: what if they pay you 10000 USD per month and you hate your job? Do you also quit? Do we choose jobs according to what others do or according to what we are really passionate about? Once you start playing golf, going to the opera and vacationing in Bermuda can you quit that job even if you hate your colleagues and the bullshit that you sell to the world? Are badly-paid jobs more interesting than better-paid ones? Is responsibility and paycheck positively correlated with boredom and frustration?
The only thing clear to me is that complaining about your boss or colleagues could be acceptable until a certain degree, complaining about the content of your work should ring the alarm and make you bravely move on. Easier said than done.
Comments