Change is the right answer
Bangalore. Autorickshaw. Train station. Rush. Another friend behind. Another see you soon. Children begging by the streetlights know well their targets. I am a target for them. My skin is now thick enough to resist their look and the gesture of putting their hand in their mouth when they beg for money. I don't surrender to their vulnerable look, even when I am in acute farewell mood. After experiencing that sad face for some time I have found an answer that hopefully pleases us both: "you are beautiful". I do not give them money, instead I offer them food if I have something with me.

From the auto, Bangalore looked as prettier as ever before: light rain cleaning the streets and the sunset slowly falling over this very green city. I have the strange gift of often seeing things prettier than they really are, I am aware of that, it is part of my state of mind. On Saturday night Bangalore's sky was maroon, pollution could be felt in my reddish eyes...however, to me the sky had a wonderful chocolate tone, almost magical. Maybe the drinks, the dancing and the company of two Indian angels made my judgment diverge from reality. Reality is how you want things to be.
In this line of profound thinking, crossing Bangalore from side to side, I asked to one of the angels catching the same train, "When does life become boring?". I did not expect an answer, to tell you the truth. He had one. "When nothing changes".
From the auto, Bangalore looked as prettier as ever before: light rain cleaning the streets and the sunset slowly falling over this very green city. I have the strange gift of often seeing things prettier than they really are, I am aware of that, it is part of my state of mind. On Saturday night Bangalore's sky was maroon, pollution could be felt in my reddish eyes...however, to me the sky had a wonderful chocolate tone, almost magical. Maybe the drinks, the dancing and the company of two Indian angels made my judgment diverge from reality. Reality is how you want things to be.
In this line of profound thinking, crossing Bangalore from side to side, I asked to one of the angels catching the same train, "When does life become boring?". I did not expect an answer, to tell you the truth. He had one. "When nothing changes".
Comments