War zone: Bangalore

I am going to Bangalore tonight to visit the city (apparently the Indian California) and the palaces of Mysore. All good news.

All good news until a colleague from IBM came to the office and said: "7 blasts in Bangalore, 1 person has been killed".

A sudden reminiscence to ETA bombings in Spain came to mind. I did not feel the profound sadness and impotence though. My immediate thought was: should I go to Bangalore or not? Minor, almost 0 risk of going to Bangalore or boredom of Thanjavur?

Many of my colleagues are ex-military. They talk in terms of probabilities. "This is a Friday blast, most important praying day for Muslims, blasts happened between 1 and 3pm. Go there. No problem. All probabilities indicate that nothing will happen to you. It is safer indeed than any other time". Other tech-savvy colleagues, the IBM guys, were more conservative in their advice. "Let me make a call and see what people there say".

I think I am going to follow military commandments this time. After the storm comes the sweetest calm...so I am taking that 12-hour train tonight. More upon return.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yaka Yele - Just come to the Farm

Detox or how to make your life miserable

Grigri