Ideological blasts
Some of you have written wondering if I am doing fine, aware of the amount of blasts occurred in India the lasts days. Main cities are all under alert. Thanjavur is very safe, so no worries.
The current violence has made me realized that I should read the Indian newspaper every day. I almost heard before about the Spanish victory (ole!) in the Tour de France than about the Ahmedabad outburst. So, I started checking The Hindu and the Times of India. Quality of information does not seem very good, journalists delve into minor details and I feel exaggerate facts. Sensationalizing content might get you more customers...probably the wrong ones. This reminded me of newspapers in Benin or other African countries...which are really poor in content and format.
Current violence made me also think that I need more than a summer to understand the complex multicultural, multicaste, multi nation-state divisions of this country, it is going to take me more time and effort than reading empty newspaper headlines. I deeply love that complexity, I wish others would too.

I recently read how during the unrests of Gujarat in 2002, Hindus and Muslims killed each other in the most inhumane way evil brains can imagine. Terrible the amount of shit that this world has to swallow in the name of God. As the same author says...the cow might be sacred in India but many Indians do not care that much whether the cow feeds herself with the most disgusting rubbish accumulated in every corner of India.
The current violence has made me realized that I should read the Indian newspaper every day. I almost heard before about the Spanish victory (ole!) in the Tour de France than about the Ahmedabad outburst. So, I started checking The Hindu and the Times of India. Quality of information does not seem very good, journalists delve into minor details and I feel exaggerate facts. Sensationalizing content might get you more customers...probably the wrong ones. This reminded me of newspapers in Benin or other African countries...which are really poor in content and format.
Current violence made me also think that I need more than a summer to understand the complex multicultural, multicaste, multi nation-state divisions of this country, it is going to take me more time and effort than reading empty newspaper headlines. I deeply love that complexity, I wish others would too.
I recently read how during the unrests of Gujarat in 2002, Hindus and Muslims killed each other in the most inhumane way evil brains can imagine. Terrible the amount of shit that this world has to swallow in the name of God. As the same author says...the cow might be sacred in India but many Indians do not care that much whether the cow feeds herself with the most disgusting rubbish accumulated in every corner of India.
Comments