Is pain
Nine years since I left my country and became a luggage girl, a tireless searcher of the world and of myself.
Sometimes I feel extremely far from my roots and sometimes I feel my roots and the memories of my childhood and youth have fully defined the person I am today. My connection to Spain is my family, my mother, father and sister. Some friends love me and make me feel close to them and to Spain despite only seeing me 3 or 4 days per year. I consider myself fortunate.
Today Spain hurts me. It is a deep, acute chest pain. Something inexplicable but understandable by anybody who has felt injustice and impotence. ETA, the eternal terrorist band, killed today an ex-councilman from the PSE (Euskadi/Basque Socialist Party). Two days before the national election. Insulting us Spaniards, basques, andalucians, catalans and madrilians...all victims of irrationality and vileness.
I need some hours to calm down and analyze the electoral consequences of this attack. But, wait a minute...shouldn't I analyze the electoral projections in terms of policies and political programs and not in how a terrorist attack could benefit or damage one party or the other? Revolting.
Raimon fills me with
Optimism:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbK1L7SynU8&feature=related
and melancholy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W2ceTIft5w
Sometimes I feel extremely far from my roots and sometimes I feel my roots and the memories of my childhood and youth have fully defined the person I am today. My connection to Spain is my family, my mother, father and sister. Some friends love me and make me feel close to them and to Spain despite only seeing me 3 or 4 days per year. I consider myself fortunate.
Today Spain hurts me. It is a deep, acute chest pain. Something inexplicable but understandable by anybody who has felt injustice and impotence. ETA, the eternal terrorist band, killed today an ex-councilman from the PSE (Euskadi/Basque Socialist Party). Two days before the national election. Insulting us Spaniards, basques, andalucians, catalans and madrilians...all victims of irrationality and vileness.
I need some hours to calm down and analyze the electoral consequences of this attack. But, wait a minute...shouldn't I analyze the electoral projections in terms of policies and political programs and not in how a terrorist attack could benefit or damage one party or the other? Revolting.
Raimon fills me with
Optimism:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbK1L7SynU8&feature=related
and melancholy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W2ceTIft5w
Comments