Celebration without declaration?
Right now patriotic chaos dominates Kosovo. They are celebrating an auto-proclaimed independence...As much as I like the Albanian red flag it feels strange to see the pictures and the fraternity with which Macedonians, Albanians and Kosovars celebrate this day. It makes me think of a victory in the soccer cup of the Balkan world, full of all those things I personally dislike so much: populism, uber-patriotism, hatred against the enemy, arrogance, resentment, rage...

An era of dialogue an cooperation might be about starting. Or has started, according to the festivities. I am hopefully right. I fear the flooding of donors' funds in Kosovo too. A little territory inhabited by close to 2 million people and immerse in a favorable geographic environment (the EU), Kosovo should be a successful development story...one from where we all learn lessons.

An era of dialogue an cooperation might be about starting. Or has started, according to the festivities. I am hopefully right. I fear the flooding of donors' funds in Kosovo too. A little territory inhabited by close to 2 million people and immerse in a favorable geographic environment (the EU), Kosovo should be a successful development story...one from where we all learn lessons.
Comments