Parent Trap

Movie. 1998. From favorite Sunday evening family movie to...reality.
Parent Trap was translated into 'Tu a Boston y yo a California' in Spanish. The story of two sisters who grew up in different places. My sister and I are grown ups...but I am in Boston and she'll be in California starting next June.
Apart from the logical proudness I feel this message aims to convey more information than that.
Grants, Schoolarships, Stipendium...I am proud of being a Spaniard in that sense (and it might be one of the few...). Spain offers a real chance to study thanks to grants, the number of public and private organizations allocating funds to help students like me, like her, like many, many others I know..to fill our brains with new ideas is enormous. And yeah, I have no indicator to prove that...
Maybe I should ask la Caixa, our sponsor. They've been giving scholarships to study in the USA for 1/4 of a century...and guess what!? La Caixa is a Bank. A Catalan bank which uses part of its revenue to invest in human capital. Who said Catalans are stingy?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yaka Yele - Just come to the Farm

Detox or how to make your life miserable

Grigri