Yogi me
Life in Benin is so stressful that I need to practice yoga a couple of times per week.
False.
Life is absolutely not stressful...the amount of things one can do apart from resto-going is limited. Specially in terms of practicing sports. During the first week here I told myself...ok, let's go running and burn some toxins...the next question was, running where?, which direction? from where to where? There are no parks over here, the roads are bumpy and full of mud right now. So, running does not seem like a good idea. Also, you sweat so much, so quickly...
Naaah, running was out of the list the first day. Swimming is temporary out of the list too, since I get sick with mini-colds every week.
Then I thought I could use the projector to do some yoga with virtual Sarah Ivanhoe (see us both in the picture) and then I found another DVD with Claudia Schiffer giving me instructions on how to build my stomach muscles. And that's about sport's life in Benin. I've been playing tennis some days too, the teacher is Benin's Davis Cup instructor...how cool that sounds...
I had a yoga session by a Beninese yogi in Camp Guezo (the military base) sport's facilities. It was at night and there was a power cut so the room was full of petrol lamps..not the nicest smell to practice yoga, to tell you the truth. But the atmosphere was really bohemian and scary at some points...we were lying on the floor doing some rejuvenating streching and I kept on feeling some spiders climbing over my knees.
Virtual Sarah is much more convenient and risk-free.
False.
Life is absolutely not stressful...the amount of things one can do apart from resto-going is limited. Specially in terms of practicing sports. During the first week here I told myself...ok, let's go running and burn some toxins...the next question was, running where?, which direction? from where to where? There are no parks over here, the roads are bumpy and full of mud right now. So, running does not seem like a good idea. Also, you sweat so much, so quickly...
Naaah, running was out of the list the first day. Swimming is temporary out of the list too, since I get sick with mini-colds every week.
Then I thought I could use the projector to do some yoga with virtual Sarah Ivanhoe (see us both in the picture) and then I found another DVD with Claudia Schiffer giving me instructions on how to build my stomach muscles. And that's about sport's life in Benin. I've been playing tennis some days too, the teacher is Benin's Davis Cup instructor...how cool that sounds...I had a yoga session by a Beninese yogi in Camp Guezo (the military base) sport's facilities. It was at night and there was a power cut so the room was full of petrol lamps..not the nicest smell to practice yoga, to tell you the truth. But the atmosphere was really bohemian and scary at some points...we were lying on the floor doing some rejuvenating streching and I kept on feeling some spiders climbing over my knees.
Virtual Sarah is much more convenient and risk-free.
Comments