Peuhl minority

I understand modern nomadic life.
Isn't my life kind of nomadic? peripatetic? (as my friend Sophie Brown would say)
Traditional nomadism is another thing. No Samsonites.
Peuhls are nomads. Strong herders and shepherds. Peuhl girls and boys do not go to school. Some donors are currently considering how to provide education to the Peuhl minority in Benin (and in other Western African countries). I find these shocks between western and traditional mentalities/customs very annoying. Maybe annoying is not the word. It is just such a difficult issue to tackle that I lose fuel from the beginning.

Here a picture of a Peuhl cheese seller. Peuhls only marry among themselves, Beninese think the people of this minority are probably one of the most beautiful in Western Africa.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yaka Yele - Just come to the Farm

Detox or how to make your life miserable

Grigri