Jeffrey is there

Mr. Sachs is in Benin.

When I learnt he was coming to Cotonou I fantasized of going to the airport wearing my Harvard hoodie and a banner saying "Sachs Sucks, Harvard Rocks!"...but then a) I discoverd that he was coming by road from Lome and b) I do not dislike the guy so much and enjoyed his writings (and work) on Poland.

Now Jeff, as my KSG teachers call him, is trying to sell the world his Millenium Villages project. According to UN info the idea behind this is that impoverished villages can transform themselves and meet the MDGs provided they are supported with powerful, practical, proven technologies. "By investing in health, food production, education, access to clean water, and essential infrastructure, these community-led interventions will enable impoverished villages to escape extreme poverty, something that currently confines over 1 billion people worldwide".

Sachs' stuff

Hum...

As much as I believe in microprojects and subsidiarity...Jeff, I do not see what is so "powerful" in your project.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yaka Yele - Just come to the Farm

Detox or how to make your life miserable

Grigri