Fried mosquitos
If it weren't for the rain...life in Benin would be almost perfect. I am not exaggerating on the weather issue...this is almost as grey as Brussels every second day. Crazy amounts of rain. Pouring. Dark sky. See the picture of the car's front wheel to imagine the amount of water accumulated in some (mud-paved!) streets.

This is a road, not a river!
I do not clean, I do not iron, I do nothing but eat, read and relax. The house is soo nice. Job is interesting. I learn at a pace of one new thing per minute...you do not learn that much at the Kennedy.

I am in bed right now and it is only 9.00pm. I try to go to bed quite early because getting up at 7.30am every day to go and save the children with UNICEF it is being very painful...But today I am not in bed because I need to sleep 10 hours in order to be able to wake up early (which is totally true)...no, today I am sick. I have all the symptoms of malaria but one, the most important one apparently in terms of indicating whether you have malaria or not: fever. So, cross fingers,legs and whatever you can cross...and hopefully all I have is a summer flu. Still, I have googled many, many malaria websites, in 5 different languages, official and less official. I do not want to be sick. I have an ally protecting me from those nasty mosquitos in bed (and naaah, it is not my boyfriend killing the little beasts) it is a wonderful (cruel?) Chinese invention: the mosquito-killer racket. If you don't believe Chinese have gone so far in the innovation path, check the pictures below.

It works with batteries and mosquitos are fried in contact with this racket. I am almost hoping a mosquito shows up to decide his/her destiny with this toy. Grrr...

This is a road, not a river!
I do not clean, I do not iron, I do nothing but eat, read and relax. The house is soo nice. Job is interesting. I learn at a pace of one new thing per minute...you do not learn that much at the Kennedy.
I am in bed right now and it is only 9.00pm. I try to go to bed quite early because getting up at 7.30am every day to go and save the children with UNICEF it is being very painful...But today I am not in bed because I need to sleep 10 hours in order to be able to wake up early (which is totally true)...no, today I am sick. I have all the symptoms of malaria but one, the most important one apparently in terms of indicating whether you have malaria or not: fever. So, cross fingers,legs and whatever you can cross...and hopefully all I have is a summer flu. Still, I have googled many, many malaria websites, in 5 different languages, official and less official. I do not want to be sick. I have an ally protecting me from those nasty mosquitos in bed (and naaah, it is not my boyfriend killing the little beasts) it is a wonderful (cruel?) Chinese invention: the mosquito-killer racket. If you don't believe Chinese have gone so far in the innovation path, check the pictures below.
It works with batteries and mosquitos are fried in contact with this racket. I am almost hoping a mosquito shows up to decide his/her destiny with this toy. Grrr...
Comments