Puerto Rico and much more


These silences of mine are too long. I know. But look the picture above...I've been studying hard!!

No, now the truth. The last two weeks, after spending Spring Break in Puerto Rico, have been full speed. But now it feels like I can breath again and have some time to do the things that I like to do most:
wake up around 10, go to the gym, have a small two percent, vanilla latte, buy the newspaper, go to Darwins and get a sandwich with avocado and something else, read, relax, check people's outfits, listen to their conversations, read a little bit more, dream, imagine the summer, think about my trip to Benin, to Russia, to Italy, to Spain.

Am I going to have enough days?

Short note on Puerto Rico. I loved it. I had the idea that it would look like Miami (even if I have not been there)...WRONG...it was something much, much better. More genuine and still somehow Spanish. Even though the level of americaness got me in shock most of the trip. I think Puerto Ricans are quite clever, getting what they want and what they need from the US, though considering themselves independent (which, realistically, they are not). Beaches are beautiful, Spanglish is the official language...San Juan has a mix of Andalusian, Madrilian architecture combined with a good number of fast food places. A strange combination that nonetheless works. Many streets in San Juan are very beautiful, full of little houses painted in bright pink, blue, green, yellow tones.


Kirs, Eun, Ursu and I...picture taken by slave Hugo. Don't you think we look cool!?

I am going to use the next days to read the weekend edition of FT of the last 3 weeks, do loads of admin (VISA Benin, flight, schoolarship stuff) and, more importantly, to spend as much time as possible with Kennedies...I probably know about, I do not want to exaggerate, 200 school mates...and every day I get to add another amazing KSGoer to the list. No Harvard's admission mistakes.

Totally brainwashed Mtxll...I even sound kind of arrogant, right?!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yaka Yele - Just come to the Farm

Detox or how to make your life miserable

Grigri