Jell-O shots on Halloween night


Americans are fun to be with. They get all excited with little things.
'Oooohh, that's fantastic' 'woooaow, those shoes are gorgeous', 'oohh, grosss'
Woaww you are from Barceloooona. You have two eyes and one nose (!) A.W.E.S.O.M.E

So, whatever you say, they are going to be surprised. One other little thing that I noticed in class is that teachers will always give you credit for whatever you ask...even if sometimes questions are kind of stupid (note: class participation counts between 5-10% of your final mark, so people's class interventions are sometimes terribly ridiculous). 'That's a good question', my stats teacher keeps on saying whenever somebody asks something or 'you are partly right, almost close to the answer' when you see clearly that the guy's answer was really, really wrong.

Oh well, I guess they want to keep everybody confidently happy (and paying next year's tuition fee).

I hope I do not give the impression that the academic level is low and these Harvard's days of mine are a piece of cake. No, no, no. Writing these lines, when I should be doing trillions of readings, makes me feel bad.

I was saying that Americans are fun..and they really show it during Halloween. It is like their anglo Carnival, but more structured and well organized. Nonetheless, they get all very, very drunk, close to ethylic comma (like one of the guys yesterday night, poor him). Yesterday I went to 3 all-American Halloween parties: 1- Doug's house, 2- Krissie's party and 3- Democrat's Halloween party. Doug and Krissie are classmates. You can not even imagine how much effort they put in the decoration, creating an atmosphere, dozens of all kind of sugary stuff (Reeses, Junior Mints, mini Kit Kats...). Jell-O shots are a good way of getting drunk and sick at the same time. About the Democrat's party....it was more a 'who is here and who is not' night than a party. We are in pre-election week, you can feel it everywhere. Monkey Bush is really nervous and somehow changing his speech on Iraq. But this is not a posting on politics.

Voila a picture. I was a spider. Can you see the little legs over my head? (In the picture: Doug the policeman, devil Ximena, a confused Ivy Freshman student, myself and hot Ursu)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yaka Yele - Just come to the Farm

Detox or how to make your life miserable

Grigri