Getting ready for winter
Short days. Cold.
I almost feel this could be my posting today. Short days and cold. Full stop.
It is not very, very cold yet, but...who cares about the weather? why do we talk so much about it? There is nothing to do, buy another jacket perhaps. Move somewhere else.
I never minded cold temperatures. I believe weather has influenced my development as a close-to-mature little person. So, after all, I care about weather. Oh, those rainy grey, grey days in Brussels I am sure they changed me quite a bit. Needless to say, Poland, Finland...DC...I think I felt back to my roots in Albania. I hear from my friends there that October is being warm and they still go to Dhermi/Vlora and bath in the Adriatic waters. I miss that.
All in all to say how important geography and meteorology can be in our lives. Two things that, even if we would like to, are out of our control. This posting might sound kind of weird, right? well, my "Why are so many countries poor?" class is giving me some insights about the importance of latitude, geography, epidemics...in development.
Still, short day, cold day in developed Cambridge.
I almost feel this could be my posting today. Short days and cold. Full stop.
It is not very, very cold yet, but...who cares about the weather? why do we talk so much about it? There is nothing to do, buy another jacket perhaps. Move somewhere else.
I never minded cold temperatures. I believe weather has influenced my development as a close-to-mature little person. So, after all, I care about weather. Oh, those rainy grey, grey days in Brussels I am sure they changed me quite a bit. Needless to say, Poland, Finland...DC...I think I felt back to my roots in Albania. I hear from my friends there that October is being warm and they still go to Dhermi/Vlora and bath in the Adriatic waters. I miss that.
All in all to say how important geography and meteorology can be in our lives. Two things that, even if we would like to, are out of our control. This posting might sound kind of weird, right? well, my "Why are so many countries poor?" class is giving me some insights about the importance of latitude, geography, epidemics...in development.
Still, short day, cold day in developed Cambridge.
Comments