A world without passports

Is this realistic? Probably not.
Today I realized once more how lucky I am for being an EU member citizen. Life would be different if I were Bielorussian, Albanian, Moldovan or from one of the many countries with strict restrictions on visas and traveling of their nationals abroad.
The first time I left Spain I was 17 and I went to the U.K. to improve my English skills. Erion, my landlord's son, has the exact same age, and the exact same purpose. But he is Albanian. The UK consulate rejected his visa application today.
This is very wrong. To treat a 17 year old kid willing to have a great summer as a corrupt thug trying to do dirty businesses abroad is a big mistake. It makes people conscious about holding the right or the wrong passport...a passport is just a piece of paper that should not make the difference.
Oh well, after all...I might be an idealist.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yaka Yele - Just come to the Farm

Detox or how to make your life miserable

Grigri