Money from the 60's...
How much is it? Cuanto costa?- I said.
6000 Lek (aprox. 60 US$)
How much?!!!- I repeated.
I really thought that 60 bucks for a watermelon and some fruit at the groceries was waaaay too much.
'600 Lek'(around 6US$)- said the fruit seller after few seconds.
Ahhh, finally we understood each other. Again, I forgot that Albanians, despite changing the number of zeros in their currency (the LEK) in the 60's, they still add one more zero to the prices, even the new generations do so!!!
6000 Lek (aprox. 60 US$)
How much?!!!- I repeated.
I really thought that 60 bucks for a watermelon and some fruit at the groceries was waaaay too much.
'600 Lek'(around 6US$)- said the fruit seller after few seconds.
Ahhh, finally we understood each other. Again, I forgot that Albanians, despite changing the number of zeros in their currency (the LEK) in the 60's, they still add one more zero to the prices, even the new generations do so!!!
Comments