Bouncing up and down in Albania's roads
All, before coming here I talked to a Spanish girl that after living in Tirana and traveling around Albania for 5 years dears to compare this land to the Maldives. I could not agree more after visiting the south of Albania this last weekend. Some pictures will be updated soon (sorry Hugo, but internet here is not as terrific as the wireless connection we had in DC). Life is getting less chaotic. My routine Monday to Friday consists of working, gym, reading, Russian classes and some GRE exercises (jezz..I am bad in Algebra). The weekend is also quite relaxed but I want to take advantage of Mon's new Jeep to travel across the country with him and Alekssandra, a new buddy from the College of Europe. We are thinking of visiting dangerous Tropoja (up north), Ohrid lake and the fortress of Gyrokaster. This country is really getting into my feelings...sometimes I feel I live in a black hole where things are going backwards and the very rich want to get even richer, oftentimes I mad with Albanians as a whole, for being so noisy, messy, chaotic, bad-mannered...but most of the times I feel selfish for having a kind of colonial, princess-style life in a fundamentally poor country. Am I a normal human being?
Comments