Long time no word

Bad girl is back. I have left this blog aside for the last month or so.
In between exams and parties, parties and exams...haven't had time to write about my life here.
We are in exam period. No fun. I discovered today with my Stats exam that even if during the semester you more or less follow the class and are somewhere not too extreme in the Bell curve....the finals can be very tough. And long (3 hours). All in all I hope I am still the B GIRL that I am. I have savored a couple of As this semester in partials...but I know that I belong to B.

I am going to Barcelona tomorrow (well, there is a snow storm forecasted...with my luck, I can also foresee what could happen*). Just for 10 days. It is going to be short but intense...family, food (Gosh, I miss jamon. I miss my family too! but the other day I found myself checking the US Customs website to see whether I can bring some vacuum packed ham. The answer is no). I have what here in the Americas is called 'take home exams' too, read: papers to write. I am writing a lot about education, gender in transition countries and gender in very undeveloped ones...guess where? girls' education in Benin. One can not imagine how bad it is down there until you read a couple of statistics.

The photo is from Albania. The blue lagoon in the South. I just found it in my files and looked to me like an enchanted forest. Reminds me to my friends there (Mel! Mtk! Ayesh! Marleen! Sui! Peeppe!)

Rosa, I promised to write in this blog my ten most bizarre personal habits. I am just shorting the list. I will do.

(*) Don't think that the weather is nasty...it is 2000 times better than in Tirana or in Spain. It is W.A.R.M.

Comments